Friday, September 21, 2018, 6:30 to 9:00 PM
$20 Admission | $125 Team Entry | Heavy Appetizers and Beer/Wine Included
Arkansas Regional Innovation Hub
201 E Broadway St, North Little Rock, 72114
Get ready to start hearing the buzz about an adult-only, team spelling bee happening in downtown North Little Rock! It’s a team competition, but a spectator sport with audience members cheering on their favorite team and competing in spell-offs between rounds.
If you’re having horrible flashbacks about misspelling a word in a bee as a child, this is your time for redemption! The Bee is going to be nothing like your elementary school spelling bee. With creative team names, costumes (optional), heavy appetizers, beer and wine, and a signature cocktail, The Boozy Bee, you don’t want to miss out!
Here’s how the night’s going to go:
- Doors open at 6:30 pm and the event will be over around 9:00 pm
- 10 teams of 3 adults (one alternate) will compete
- 3 Judges: Jessica DeLoach Sabin, Antwan Phillips, and Chris Kent
- Each team works together to spell the word with teammates rotating to spell the word out loud for the judges
- Teams may purchase 3 “stingers” to buy their way out of trouble
- The last standing team wins a trophy created by The Hub
- Audience members will have their own spelling competitions throughout the night
- Exclusive VIB (Very Important Bee) Audience Section
- Honeycomb Punch, Silent Auction, and other opportunities to support literacy
Interested teams or sponsors should contact Morgan O’Neil at firstname.lastname@example.org for more details. We have sponsorships for The Bee at a variety of levels that include a team entry. You can also purchase a letter for $100 and be an official Supporter of Literacy for this event. This also includes two (2) audience tickets to The Bee and you will be recognized at the event for the impact you have on literacy in our community!