Below are our available staff or AmeriCorps positions. If you’re not from Little Rock, please check out our Life in Little Rock page to get acquainted with our beautiful city.
Thank you for your interest in working with Literacy Action! Our open positions are listed below:
Job Title: Development Director, Literacy Action of Central Arkansas
Location: Little Rock, Arkansas
Status: 30 hours per week
Reports To: Executive Director
Posting Date: October 7, 2020
The Development Director is responsible for developing and implementing the development strategy for Literacy Action of Central Arkansas to support the organization’s programming in the community and to ensure long-term sustainability and revenue growth.
Essential Job Functions and Major Areas of Responsibility
- Plans, coordinates, and implements major Literacy Action fundraising events including The Bee, Tour de Toad /Iron Toad cycling event, TBD fundraising events as required (ex: Barnes & Noble Bookfairs)
- Assists with social, print, radio, and television marketing for fundraising and programs.
- Manages donor databases and ensures accuracy of donor records, donor communications, and reporting.
- Cultivates individual and corporate donors, including on-site visits and remote communications.
- Develops and implements direct marketing tactics and communities to meet fundraising objectives through direct mail, e-mail marketing, and social media.
- Provides grant-writing support to achieve organization’s development goals.
- Manages expenditures within approved budgets.
- Assists other staff members/providing organizational support as needed.
Supervises the Following Staff:
- VISTA/AmeriCorps Members, Interns, Volunteers
Coordinates with the Following Staff:
- Director of Adult Literacy Programs
- Program Coordinator, Conway
- Executive Director
Required Knowledge, Skills and Personal Qualifications:
- Fundraising Experience
- Demonstrated ability to plan and coordinate complex projects
- Experience with leading and coordinating volunteers
- Proven knowledge of web site and social media platforms and strategies
- Proven problem-solving and motivational abilities
- Works effectively with Board Members and Board Committees
- Demonstrates effective oral and written communications skills
- Ability to work independently and complete assigned tasks
- Ability to work effectively as a member of a team and in a professional manner
- Ability to use a computer and learn new technologies in office settings
- Valid driver’s license
The Physical demands described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, talk, hear, use hands and fingers to operate computers or other objects, and reach with hands and arms. The employee is also occasionally required to lift and carry materials up to 20 pounds in weight.
Submit a cover letter, resume, and three references to email@example.com